Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
Pakistan Super League - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: Cricket Talk (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Domestic and School Cricket (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Pakistan Super League (/showthread.php?tid=973)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

RE: Pakistan Super League - World 2020 - 03-01-2021

March 1st Game will starts at 9.30 pm Islamabad United's Australian Leg Spinner Fawad Ahmed, Found Corona positive, He was pull out from the team & have him send in Isolation ward

I wish PCB not interrupt PSL as matches otherwise Great going with nearly 390 runs scored everyday since last 4 days

RE: Pakistan Super League - pj57 - 03-01-2021

(03-01-2021, 01:53 PM)World 2020 Wrote:  March 1st Game will starts at 9.30 pm Islamabad United's Australian Leg Spinner Fawad Ahmed, Found Corona positive, He was pull out from the team & have him send in Isolation ward

I wish PCB not interrupt PSL as matches otherwise Great going with nearly 390 runs scored everyday since last 4 days

The match has been postponed due to Fawad Ahmed being found to be COVID positive. The match is scheduled today (Tuesday),

RE: Pakistan Super League - Bada - 03-02-2021

Dale Steyn said he turned his back on the world's most lucrative T20 league, the Indian Premier League, because he found the Pakistan Super League (PSL) and the Sri Lankan Premier League (LPL) were "slightly more rewarding".

The South African fast bowler, who is currently in Pakistan with the Quetta Gladiators franchise, said he believed the excessive emphasis on the financial aspect of the IPL meant "the cricket gets forgotten". Talking to Cricket Pakistan, he also revealed that the length of the IPL was a factor that further informed his decision to opt out this year, saying he wanted "a bit more time off".

"I wanted to take a bit more time off. I found that playing in those other leagues was slightly more rewarding as a player. I think when you go to the IPL there are such big squads and so many big names and so much emphasis on the amount of money that the players earn that somewhere along the line the cricket kind of gets forgotten. When you come to the PSL or the LPL, there's an importance on the cricket.

"I've only been here a couple of days and I've had people coming to my room asking where I played and how I went about it. In the IPL, that kind of gets forgotten and the main topic is how much money you went for this IPL. And that's just me being brutally honest. I just wanted to stay away from that this year and put more emphasis on bringing good vibes to teams and tournaments I feel are worth it."

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/dale-steyn-psl-more-rewarding-cricket-can-get-forgotten-at-the-ipl-1253501

RE: Pakistan Super League - Bada - 03-02-2021

Sarfaraz 4 consecutive sixes

RE: Pakistan Super League - pj57 - 03-02-2021

Dale Steyn has confirmed what I have been saying for sometime now.....that the IPL is all about money and less importance is given to cricket while less lucrative leagues give the game the due place. More players might take this path in the future.

RE: Pakistan Super League - Bada - 03-03-2021

Babar Azam connecting his big shots. Usually struggles with six hitting. Nabi smashed it. Another 180+ total chased down.

RE: Pakistan Super League - rsk19 - 03-03-2021

(03-02-2021, 09:31 PM)pj57 Wrote:  Dale Steyn has confirmed what I have been saying for sometime now.....that the IPL is all about money and less importance is given to cricket while less lucrative leagues give the game the due place. More players might take this path in the future.

I somehow doubt it pj

They can't sustain their high-maintenance lives with just "good vibes"

RE: Pakistan Super League - Bada - 03-03-2021

Steyn is close to retirement. He has made his big bucks over the years. Most players can't afford to take this option.

This is what Steyn tweeted later:

“IPL has been nothing short of amazing in my career, as well as other players too.

My words were never intended to be degrading, insulting, or comparing of any leagues.
Social media and words out of context can often do that.

My apologies if this has upset anyone.”

I think he got lots of abuse and flak from allapu ratey lol