Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
SLCF Draft Fantasy League 2020 - ABANDONED. - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Cricket (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=109)
+--- Thread: SLCF Draft Fantasy League 2020 - ABANDONED. (/showthread.php?tid=2680)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

SLCF Draft Fantasy League 2020 - ABANDONED. - mugatiya - 12-04-2019

It's BACK!

For anyone who wants to join sign up now!

(10-31-2017, 06:35 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  The Game
We will be playing both a draft and fantasy game where the winner will be decided by how their players produce across the year.

To give a large enough pool of players for a draft, every international game in calendar year 2019 (Test, ODI, T20I) will be counted in the one competition. With the dwindling interest on the forum for cricket, this should hopefully reboot your excitement as it should add interest to series that you wouldn’t have otherwise given much thought to.

Scoring
Scoring will be 1 point for every run, 20 per wicket and 5 per catch/stumping.

The timeline
The league will run from Jan-1-2020 to 31-Dec-2020

The year will be broken into 4 three-month quarters (Q1 = Jan-Mar, etc) with a main draft in November-December, and minor changes before every quarter where you can cut guys who aren’t playing/performing and replace them with anyone else who hasn’t been picked (via a minidraft in reverse order of current standings).

I will give more details on this when it is time.

Since there may be games that overlap quarters..the points from those games will be attributed to the quarter the game began in.

All 15 of your players will count towards points.

The Squad criteria
Participants will pick a squad of 15 players

To keep the squad open-ended the only criteria here is that you MUST PICK AT LEAST
1) 6 Batsmen
2) 5 bowlers
3) 1 Keeper

The player pool
We will provide a player pool for the draft broken down into
Batsmen
Bowlers
Keepers

All rounders are not a category we will provide..instead we will allocate players viewed as All rounders as either a batsman or bowler..so you are free to select them as you see fit.

If a player you would like to pick is not on the list.. feel free to let me know and we will add them to the pool before the draft.

Please also note that we will categorise the player when adding him the available pool.

The draft

The draft has a clear deadline of January 1. Given that a bit of research and schedule checking will be required I reckon we will aim for a start around 10-Dec-2020. Giving you about 2 weeks to do your research and be ready.

The draft Order
Normal draft rules of randomised order, reversed and then stays the same for the rest of the rounds
So
Round 1 - 123
Eg
Mugs
Bada
To

Round 2 - 321
Eg
TO
Bada
Mugs

Round 3 - 321
and so on.

Eg
TO
Bada
Mugs

8 hours per pick – which may be adjusted if we get close to deadline. I want to keep this moving swiftly.

If you miss your pick , you have the right to pick as soon as you are online so we can keep the game moving forward

Commitment
Given the size of the player pool I am looking for at least 8 participants with the patience to read this whole post, draft 15 rounds and then the interest to follow for the year with occasional input. I hope to provide results at least once a month.

Please post in if you are interested. And ask any questions you might have so they are clarified before the 10-Dec-2019

RE: SLCF Draft Fantasy League 2020 - Randy - 12-04-2019

obvs. btw ake sure you do the real time updates for the excel sheet. And also I suggest a bonus point system for Man of the series awards on top of the usual captain 1.5x point system we have.

RE: SLCF Draft Fantasy League 2020 - Dilcey - 12-05-2019

sexy is in

RE: SLCF Draft Fantasy League 2020 - mugatiya - 12-05-2019

Mugs
Randy
Sexy
Rat

Who else?

RE: SLCF Draft Fantasy League 2020 - Randy - 12-05-2019

bada
jb
pj

RE: SLCF Draft Fantasy League 2020 - mugatiya - 12-08-2019

Some new rules for 2020

1) Squad will be 14 players

2) Your playing 11 must have these players in the team.

1 Opening Batsman OP
2 Opening Batsman OP
3 Middle Order Batsman MOB
4 Middle Order Batsman MOB
5 Middle Order Batsman MOB
6 Middle Order Batsman MOB
7 Wicketkeeper WK
8 Bowler Bowl
9 Bowler Bowl
10 Bowler Bowl
11 Bowler Bowl

12 Bowler Bowl
13 Batsman Bat
14 Wicket keeper

3) Only the 11 in your main playing 11 will count towards points

4) Each quarter you will be allowed 1 sub from the rest of your squad into the playing 11 at any time.

5) Points earned by the player being subbed will be included

6) Points for the new player coming into the team will be calculated from the time he was added to the squad.

7) If you sub your captain, the new player will be your captain. i.e. the player appointed as your captain cannot be changed

8) Bowlers need to have a minimum of 1 spinner but no more than 2

9) All rounders can be played as batsman or bowlers based on admin approval (eg: R. Jadeja can't be put as a batsman but can be a bowler)

RE: SLCF Draft Fantasy League 2020 - mugatiya - 12-09-2019

Unforunately we've only had interest from 5 people for 2020

Me
Rat
Randy
Dilz
Nuffa

I just don't think it's worth it to run it for such a small number..

But if all of you are super keen we can do it

RE: SLCF Draft Fantasy League 2020 - Randy - 12-10-2019

aney aneyyy Sad

RE: SLCF Draft Fantasy League 2020 - mugatiya - 12-10-2019

FK it we will go ahead

Rnd 1
6 hrs per pick.

Start in 3 hrs
1.Randy
2.Dilz
3.Rat
4.Mugs
5.Nuffa

RE: SLCF Draft Fantasy League 2020 - mugatiya - 12-10-2019

(12-08-2019, 10:30 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  Some new rules for 2020

1) Squad will be 14 players

2) Your playing 11 must have these players in the team.

1 Opening Batsman OP
2 Opening Batsman OP
3 Middle Order Batsman MOB
4 Middle Order Batsman MOB
5 Middle Order Batsman MOB
6 Middle Order Batsman MOB
7 Wicketkeeper WK
8 Bowler Bowl
9 Bowler Bowl
10 Bowler Bowl
11 Bowler Bowl

12 Bowler Bowl
13 Batsman Bat
14 Wicket keeper

3) Only the 11 in your main playing 11 will count towards points

4) Each quarter you will be allowed 1 sub from the rest of your squad into the playing 11 at any time.

5) Points earned by the player being subbed will be included

6) Points for the new player coming into the team will be calculated from the time he was added to the squad.

7) If you sub your captain, the new player will be your captain. i.e. the player appointed as your captain cannot be changed

8) Bowlers need to have a minimum of 1 spinner but no more than 2

9) All rounders can be played as batsman or bowlers based on admin approval (eg: R. Jadeja can't be put as a batsman but can be a bowler)