Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
Pakistan Super League - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (http://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: Cricket Talk (http://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Domestic and School Cricket (http://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Pakistan Super League (/showthread.php?tid=973)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Pakistan Super League - Bada - 03-01-2017

This is not a bad league. About 25 matches and quite a few of them are tight. Similar to the two best leagues, BBL and CPL.

RE: Pakistan Super League - BitchyDilz - 03-01-2017

Ipl is best. So shut up

RE: Pakistan Super League - Randy - 03-01-2017

I'm gonna watch IPL this time,want to see how Mahela manages his men

BBL, CPL are quite popular. IPL was cool for like 3-4 years when other leagues didn't exist. I don't think everyone has the itch to go through 60-70 matches. We have a thread for it for 3 years. It gets busy only when the auction is on lol. No one here is watching the matches I think.

Too funny

Quote:Nawaz to bowl the last over with seven needed off six

Mohammad Nawaz to Sammy, no run, nails the blockhole outside off, Sammy jams his bat down, finds cover. Tiny misfield, but it doesn't cost Quetta
Sarfraz comes up to his bowler to have a quick chat

Mohammad Nawaz to Sammy, FOUR
, short third man goes for the catch, running back, but he is unable to hold on. A big miscue from Sammy, and the outside edge bounces off the right hand of Tymal Mills and onto the boundary

Mohammad Nawaz to Sammy, 1 run, tosses it up outside off, Sammy looks to smear it through cover but gets an inside edge to fine leg
Jordan to face with two needed off three. Nawaz wiping the ball down vigorously

Mohammad Nawaz to Jordan, OUT
, caught behind. Great take from Sarfraz. This is a flatter delivery outside off, Jordan tries a cut and feathers an edge through to the Quetta captain to keep up the tension
CJ Jordan c †Sarfraz Ahmed b Mohammad Nawaz 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00
Two off two needed. Could we be in for a super over? Wahab Riaz is the new man in

Mohammad Nawaz to Wahab Riaz, OUT
, he's gone! Quetta are cock a hoop! This is a yorker. Wahab flicks and just about saves himself from being bowled. But then looking all around, he can't see the ball, he thinks he's hit it away somewhere and goes for a run. Except the ball is right there, bouncing into Sarfraz's gloves, and he takes off the stumps with glee
Wahab Riaz run out 0 (1b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00
Two off one ball and the proper batsman Sammy is stuck in the non-strikers' end. Long chat between him and the incoming batsman Hasan Ali. Now Sarfraz and Nawaz are in conversation...

Mohammad Nawaz to Hasan Ali, OUT
, Quetta have won it! Nawaz you absolute beauty! With a wet ball, with massive dew around, with great pressure on him, he bowls the yorker, he trusts himself to bowl the yorker. Hasan digs it out and overbalances. He tries to make his crease again, sees Sarfraz pick up the ball, and then bizarrely tries to run. After that, it was basic for the wicketkeeper to topple the stumps

The majority of Quetta Gladiators' overseas contingent have opted not to travel to Lahore for the PSL final.

Kevin Pietersen, Luke Wright and Tymal Mills all tweeted about leaving the tournament, while former New Zealand offspinner Nathan McCullum will also not travel. Rilee Rossouw, the South African batsman, had been considering playing in the final on March 5, but he too wrote on Twitter that he was leaving the tournament. "Its with a sad heart that I must announce that i will not be taking part in the final."

Wright, the England allrounder, tweeted: "It's with a heavy heart I will not be coming to Lahore. I have a young family and for me a game of cricket is just not worth the risk. I'm sorry as I know how much it means to you all and hopefully in the future the safety will not be in doubt to come play there."

Pietersen signed off from the tournament with 40 from 22 balls, as Quetta stole a one-run victory over Peshawar Zalmi, taking his tally to 241 runs. Rossouw is currently their top scorer with 255 runs at 42.50 and a strike-rate 123.18.

Mills took seven wickets from five matches, while Wright played just one match and McCullum did not feature.

One-off payments, ranging from USD 10,000 to 50,000, are being offered to foreign players should they agree to play in Lahore. That, as one foreign player considering taking part in the final pointed out, brings its own complications. "What is the difference in me playing in Lahore under a security threat and a Pakistani player doing so?" he said. "In any attack both are at risk. And physios and masseuses? A life is a life, mine or a Pakistani player's."

Teams who end up severely shorthanded can rope in a pool of nominated foreign players. The list, initially of 54 names, has now grown to above 60, and is said to be composed of those who were not picked in the draft last October, as well as additional names from outside the draft, who are willing to travel to Pakistan.

Each franchise will nominate five to six players from the long list and hand it to the PSL, who hope that ultimately, accounting for common names that appear in multiple lists, they have a shortlist of 12 to 15 waiting on standby to participate in the final.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-super-league-2016-17/content/story/1084714.html

RE: Pakistan Super League - Charu26 - 03-01-2017

Who are the 60 money hungry and/or reckless idiots?

List of foreign players given by PCB to franchises

Rohan Mustafa, Devon Thomas, Jason Mohammad, Shane Shillingford, Craig Ervine, Sean Williams, Anamul Haq, Shahriar Nafees, Dawid Malan (gold), Morne van Wyk (gold), Sachithra Senanayake (gold), Seekkuge Prasanna (gold), Jeevan Mendis (silver), Alex Wakely (gold), Joshua Cobb (gold), Nikhil Dutta, Azeem Rafiq, Danza Hyatt, Krishmar Santokie, Tino Best, Phil Mustard, Fidel Edwards (gold/silver), Elton Chigumbura (gold/silver), Max Waller (silver), Darren Stevens (gold), Peter Trego (silver), Richard Levi (gold/silver), Miguel Cummins (silver), Asghar Stanikzai (gold), Dawlat Zadran, Nawroz Mangal, Danushka Gunathilaka, Farveez Maharoof, Kusal Mendis, Steven Taylor, Azharullah, Soumya Sarkar (silver), Jade Dernbach (gold), Owais Shah (gold), Yasir Arafat (gold), Rayad Emrit (diamond), Sulieman Benn (gold), Brendan Taylor (gold), Rashid Khan (diamond), Ashar Zaidi (silver), Ryan ten Doeschate (silver), Akeal Hosein (silver), Graeme Cremer (silver), Sean Ervine (silver), Chamara Kapugedera (gold), Milinda Siriwardana (gold), Anuk Fernando (gold), Gihan Rupasinghe (Silver), Kaushal Silva (silver)

So basically a bunch of desperate cricketers

LMAO at Silva. Id not take him for a t20 game even if he walked through a mine field Kev

And Im sure Thisara Will be going Kev