Sri Lankan Cricket Fans
Football Thread - Printable Version

+- Sri Lankan Cricket Fans (https://www.slcricketfans.com)
+-- Forum: General Chat (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Other Sports (https://www.slcricketfans.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Football Thread (/showthread.php?tid=21)

RE: Football Thread - mugatiya - 09-06-2021

(09-06-2021, 12:45 PM)VP Wrote:  
(09-06-2021, 11:51 AM)mugatiya Wrote:  Early days in the season but this looks woeful for Arsenal. It's their worst start to  a season ever iirc.

This is after spending Arsenal – £123.3m in the transfer window. Most by an EPL club this season.

[Image: 9-6-2021-9-48-33-PM.png]

What do you think of Man City?

Ronaldo purchase is a risk..at 36(now I know he is supremely fit).

I think its a scoop for Utd. Ronaldo is still a beast. He knocked in 40+ goals for Juve last season. Lukaku was 2nd to him in Serie A

CR is a winner and he's coming back to United to win. He will raise the bar across the board and he will incredible for the young guys in the team. He's not an ego either. Huge team player and that's why everyone loves him. He's a massive boost for United title hopes IMO. He is an easy 20 goals a season player. And with united he will have service from the mid field which is how he likes to play now ie. stay in the box and poach goals.

City are brilliant. Favs to win the league IMO.

But Chelsea and Liverpool both look very good too.

RE: Football Thread - VP - 09-06-2021

Do you get live coverage in Oz?

RE: Football Thread - Perthman - 09-06-2021

It’s quite shocking what has happened to Arsenal . Their decline has been coming for the last 2-3 years but never thought they will be this terrible . It’s still early in the season so they might still make a comeback but looks very bad at the moment . So far happy with the way my Chelsea is going .
Ronaldo to Man United was a surprise but I’m sure he will still score at least 15+ goals. Cracking season ahead .

(09-06-2021, 12:57 PM)VP Wrote:  Do you get live coverage in Oz?

Yes we do. We have a great football coverage via Optus.

(09-06-2021, 12:58 PM)Ishan Wrote:  Ronaldo to Man United was a surprise but I’m sure he will still score at least 15+ goals. Cracking season ahead .

It was pretty dramatic cuz City were gonna nab him but then within a few hours things suddenly changed in the transfer window. CR had showed up at Juve and said he's quitting and left practice.

Word is that Fergie and Rio F and other old teammates had talked him over to united.

It would have been very weird to see him in a City shirt tbh. We gave that boy his start in life and made him a star.

(09-06-2021, 01:10 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  
(09-06-2021, 12:58 PM)Ishan Wrote:  Ronaldo to Man United was a surprise but I’m sure he will still score at least 15+ goals. Cracking season ahead .

It was pretty dramatic cuz City were gonna nab him but then within a few hours things suddenly changed in the transfer window. CR had showed up at Juve and said he's quitting and left practice.

Word is that Fergie and Rio F and other old teammates had talked him over to united.

It would have been very weird to see him in a City shirt tbh. We gave that boy his start in life and made him a star.

Oh yeah him playing for City would have been like Messi playing for Real Madrid . Good he made the correct decision . I think Man U have a genuine chance this season .

RE: Football Thread - VP - 09-06-2021

(09-06-2021, 01:13 PM)Ishan Wrote:  
(09-06-2021, 01:10 PM)mugatiya Wrote:  It was pretty dramatic cuz City were gonna nab him but then within a few hours things suddenly changed in the transfer window. CR had showed up at Juve and said he's quitting and left practice.

Oh yeah him playing for City would have been like Messi playing for Real Madrid . Good he made the correct decision . I think Man U have a genuine chance this season .

That would have been crazy had he played for City.

Talking of Messi...shame he didn't stay loyal until his retirement.

(09-06-2021, 01:31 PM)VP Wrote:  
(09-06-2021, 01:13 PM)Ishan Wrote:  Oh yeah him playing for City would have been like Messi playing for Real Madrid . Good he made the correct decision . I think Man U have a genuine chance this season .

That would have been crazy had he played for City.

I don’t think he had an option. As far as I know both Barca and Messi himself really wanted to continue . Not really sure what happened though .

(09-06-2021, 01:45 PM)Ishan Wrote:  
(09-06-2021, 01:31 PM)VP Wrote:  That would have been crazy had he played for City.

I don’t think he had an option. As far as I know both Barca and Messi himself really wanted to continue . Not really sure what happened though .

La Liga rules State that you can only spend 70% of profits on player salaries

With Covid BARCA was in debt

Messi wanted to stay so he was even ok with a 50% pay cut but even with that Barca was having to let go of players to bring the salary cap down

Think I read even with a 50% cut Barca was spending 110% of profits on salaries

So they ultimately had no choice but to let him go

Of course Messi could have taken even more cuts and stayed but I guess that’s not realistic

RE: Football Thread - JamisBanda - 09-06-2021

(09-06-2021, 12:43 PM)VP Wrote:  
(09-06-2021, 11:39 AM)JamisBanda Wrote:  It would be awesome to see Arsenel or any other top team go down a league.

Hopefully, they will get rid of that manager at Arsenal.

JB, you sound like a Tottenham fan...their training ground is in Herts.

In cheshunt isn't? its just few miles from my place, 

No I just hate football